Covid Health and Safety Policy for The Wild Night Run Series
- Extra room to accommodate all runners, volunteers and staff. We will hold registration outdoors as we have event gazebos, except where there is an obviously safe indoor alternative, or the weather is likely to require us to go indoors.
- Events will have specific race pack pick up times, as well as time specific check-in.
- Once entrants have picked up their race packs, they will be alotted a start time and asked to leave their baggage at our collection point (with a tearable baggage slip on their trace number).
- We aim to introduce a virtual option for each race (same price) for people who want to run a marked route within a 24 hour period of race date but without entering one of the race waves. You must howeer submit your GPX file or similar, of the exact same route.
- Event and race briefings will be fully digital to avoid non-essential gatherings. These will be included in race guide.
- First aid will be provided by Devon First Aid, who will all be wearing full PPE. Dave Forey is their chief contact on 07758361165
- Physical distancing markers to be placed around venue and areas of congregation to maintain 2m social distancing advice
- We ask all our entrants to purchase an event t shirt online. These will be placed with your event race pack. We will have some limited technical t shirts and buffs from last year’s series, which we will also put on sale on our website and can be sent out. Staff will wear masks and disposable gloves. Only card readers will be used, not cash.
- We only aim to have one for each distance and some wrapped food items to grab and go at the finish.
- Stations to be set up for grab and go items with aid workers wearing gloves and masks.
- All toilets will be equipped with paper toilet covers and hand sanitizers inside and out.
- Each race category will be started in waves according to the number of entries in the field.
- Numbers will be limited to 250-300 depending on the venue.
- There will be no prize ceremony at this year’s events and prizes will be posted out or sent electronically. Where prize winners have entered more than one race across the series, we will encourage them to collect their prizes with their race packs at their next event.
What happens in the event of cancellation due to Covid?
We will either credit or transfer entrants if the event is cancelled due to Government Covid restrictions or National Lockdown. If we reschedule the event, we will transfer your entry.
If you are unable to make the new date, we will credit you for another event in the series. Once all of the above options have been exhausted and there are no other options left, we will refund entrants.